Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Scottie Mayfield just served me ice cream

I was sitting in Woodruff Hall earlier this evening, eating my salad, when a man in yellow and wearing a large Buzz hat started shouting something about ice cream. This is not a component of the average evening at the dining hall. Naturally, the hall got quiet and all soon realized that Scotty Mayfield was in our midst.


Turns out, he's a Tech grad and is here to celebrate the opening of a Mayfield ice cream bar at Woodruff. Yum. So, in the end, I got served ice cream by The Ice Cream Man himself. Here's a pic of the scene:


Oh, and I just happen to have two tickets to the GT vs. Notre Dame game this Saturday (subject to verification). Please express interest if you are indeed interested.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeffrey J. Stables said...

Yeah, Tech just might prepare me to be a successful businessman and owner of a $200-million dollar company. Dang, I should have gone to UGA...

3:30 PM, August 31, 2006  
Blogger Jeffrey J. Stables said...

We have an excellent business and management school for Techies who are not, er, techies. I don't think there's much in the way of marketing.

Yellow or not, Mayfield milk is still too expensive for college students. Guess we're not the target demographic. But free Mayfield ice cream at the dining hall works.

And, by the way, the ticket has been taken. It's almost time to sting the Irish!

2:21 PM, September 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just posted something, but i don't see it. If you end up getting it, Jeffrey, never mind. I just noticed the dates from your post. It's now a year and a half later . . . which makes it even weirder that your blog came up when I googled his name.

Donna F.

2:21 PM, February 29, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, that's just weird. We just toured Mayfield Dairy and met Scottie Mayfield. He told me he was at the Braselton plant since he did a thing for GA (I thought . . . was it Tech? Or both?) I googled him to see if there were pictures of him from a few years ago, because I thought he was the big guy I used to remember on commercials wearing a yellow shirt, but that's not how he looked when I saw him in person. I may have this guy mixed up with another yellow-shirter (maybe a paint company?). Anyhow, when I googled, Jeffrey Stables blog site was on my first page of results. That's weird!

Donna

2:23 PM, February 29, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

8:59 PM, January 05, 2010  

Post a Comment |

<< Home