Monday, August 28, 2006

SoaP

I've collected enough funny or interesting tidbits concerning Snakes on a Plane to coagulate into a satisfactory post. Here goes...

First of all, if you aren't familiar with how this movie became a blogosphere phenomenon and instant cult classic, I suggest you check out its entry on Wikipedia. The story was essentially created as a joke by screenwriters who wanted to see if they could write a script using only rejected scenes from other scripts and an old storyine called "Venom." The title made the movie, and when "the film's working title was altered to Pacific Air Flight 121...Jackson told an interviewer, 'We're totally changing that back. That's the only reason I took the job: I read the title.'" In my opinion, as an action/horror movie, it's dumb, overacted, and gratuitous. As a very self-conscious and humorous parody of the action/horror genre, it scores. The concept itself is hilarious, and its execution is very funny. The title literally carries the film, if that's possible.

This is one of the funniest fan posters I've seen (courtesy of Snakes on a Blog):

Also, I was speaking with Daniel this afternoon concerning the movie, and he related this very funny anecdote:
at the part when the snake bit the lady in the boob, i said pretty loudly "see, if you have sex before you're married, you'll get killed by snakes"
See? If you make me laugh, I'll plug your blog. It's that simple.

Anyway, that's all I've got on SoaP. I'm working on five other posts, so expect something serious to be posted soon...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason I just now read this post. But yes, I still stick by my theory.

12:32 AM, September 15, 2006  

Post a Comment |

<< Home