Friday, July 21, 2006

The Greatest Completely Free Song I Ever Downloaded

Now that's quite a title to live up to. Why in the world did I let myself get away with titling the next post before it was written? My PR department should have jumped on that one. Well, here I am, answering the question of what song I would download with my one free song code from iTunes.

As I decided that it was time to use my song code (even though, as Apple says, it doesn't expire until sometime in 2016), I realized that failure in the eyes of 99% of my readers is inevitable. How could I choose a song that everyone, or even a small percentage of my readers, would agree with? In fact, the only way I could be assured of kudos from anyone at all would be to choose the song that person recommended. So I was faced with a choice: get ragged on for my song choice by all but one individual, or get ragged on for my song choice by everyone. Seeing as there is only a one person difference between the two, and adding the fact that I don't like to do anything halfway (or 99%-of-the-way), I decided to disregard all recommendations.

The song I ended up downloading was "Takin' It to the Streets" as performed by Taylor Hicks, from the American Idol: Season 5 Encores album. Seeing as I definitely want that track and a couple others from that CD, and also seeing as I would never purchase the whole album, it was a logical choice. And perhaps it will serve as a good cruising track for the remaining summer nights.

There you have it: The Greatest Latest Completely Free Song I Ever Downloaded. Now, to listen to my iPod...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got a free tune off the back of a box of Cinnamon Toast Crust. Can you sense the stress levels rise?

The good news is I think I've already resolved to get Three Wooden Crosses by Randy Travis — excellent songwriting.

12:19 PM, July 31, 2006  

Post a Comment |

<< Home