Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Papa's music

The Matt Papa Band has led worship and generally been instrumental in Awana Dixie Mountain Scholarship Camp for the past two years. Over that time, I've gotten to know Matt, Jon, Phil, and Jordan and enjoyed their friendship and enthusiasm for reaching the lost. Matt is not only an excellent singer and worship leader, he's an effective speaker and teacher. (Not to mention they're all great with kids.) It is my pleasure to announce to you that Matt is releasing his first album with a record label on October 10th, 2006. I've had his independent EP Matt Papa since last summer, and I can tell you that it's excellent. His style is a unique mix of worship and singer/songwriter, and most of the time he's singing straight Scripture. Now for some that may be a bit too in-your-face, but I think Matt has good reasons for singing what he does:
Honestly, I haven’t put a name on what I do, but can tell you that I’m a follower of Jesus first, a minister second and an artist third. Music and everything of this earth fades away, but as Jesus says, the word of God stands forever. ... if I can put the words of the Bible to music, then I can let God speak for Himself.
He does what he promises. I can't listen to his music without worshiping God more. This is not just Psalm 23 set to hymn meter—Matt's style is musical and modern. The CD shows stylistic influences of everything from Bach to Coldplay.

This new album, You Are Good, contains the tracks from his indie CD (remixed and remastered) plus two new tracks. It's available from IndependentBands.com and Grassroots Music. As a friend and a fan, I encourage you to check out Matt's music. If you find it anywhere near as authentic as his ministry, I'm certain you'll be impressed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are the man jeffery

11:19 AM, November 13, 2006  

Post a Comment |

<< Home