Monday, July 17, 2006

Oh, the irony

The lights in half of our lab are out, including the restrooms and Dr. Brédas's office. I find it ironic that a research group that focuses on photonics, especially OLEDs, is having lighting trouble.

I took this quiz this morning, and thought it interesting enough to share:

Your Political Profile:
Overall: 85% Conservative, 15% Liberal
Social Issues: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal
Personal Responsibility: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal
Fiscal Issues: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal
Ethics: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal
Defense and Crime: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal


Alright, back to work...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

50% Liberal on ethics!!!

Well, you are still in college, so it should be taken in context.

12:54 PM, July 17, 2006  
Blogger Jeffrey J. Stables said...

That, and the fact that the two ethics questions that I scored "Liberal" on were "The only social responsibility of a company should be to deliver a profit to its shareholders. T/F?" and "Everyone has a right to health care, even if they can't afford it. T/F?" So I chose false for the first one, and true for the second one. I know the second is kind of liberal...but I'm not so sure about the first one. I'd think a conservative would agree that a company has other social responsibilities, such as doing legal business and treating customers ethically.

4:27 PM, July 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My scores were exactly the same as yours, although I answered differently on the health care question.

8:56 AM, July 18, 2006  

Post a Comment |

<< Home