Thursday, July 13, 2006

If you had...one shot...

Look, if you had one shot, one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted: one moment,
Would you capture it or just let it slip?
You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime, yo.
—Eminem
While browsing iTunes recently, I purchased two singles that had been in my head recently: Gold Lion by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and One Thing by Finger Eleven. Apparently, one of those songs cleared my debit card twice, because tonight I received the following email:
From: Apple <itunes_solutions@apple.com>
To: me
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 01:48:55 UT
Subject: Important Information About Your Recent Order

Dear Jeffrey,

You were incorrectly charged a second time for a recent purchase on the iTunes Store. We have reversed the incorrect charge and you should see the credit within 3-5 days, depending on how quickly your credit card processes the reversal.

Our customers are very important to us and we'd like to apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused.

Please accept a song from the iTunes Store as part of our apology. You can redeem your code by clicking the link below.

[code and link removed]

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our customer service team by replying to this email.

Sincerely,

Kate Wormington

Sr. Manager, Customer Experience
iTunes Store
So, dear reader, there you have it: I've got one shot. Once chance to procure the song of a lifetime. One code, one man, one opportunity: will he use it for good or for evil? The fate of his iPod hangs in the balance.

*cough* Sorry. Back to the blog...

Seeing as we've recently established on John's blog that there have been at least 500 good quality songs in the history of music, there must be that one song that I absolutely must acquire with my newfound Code of Power. What say ye? If Apple's Music Store overcharged you without your knowledge and offered a full refund and a free song in return, what single would you, faithful reader, choose? And what will I choose? Tune in next time for "The Greatest Completely Free Song I Ever Downloaded."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion. :)

8:48 AM, July 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel this pressure every Christmas when I get a gift certificate. I think I got a coupon for a free song on the back of cereal box I need to use too — oh the stress.

I say get something you would never have gotten before. Dig deep into the bowel of iTunes and find something that doesn't sound like anything your friends would ever expect.

Also the TV show Grey's Anatomy has some cool music They list all the songs they use on the website.

You could also just go ahead and get the song that is already declared the perfect country and western song written by David Allen Coe, You Never Even Call Me By My Name.

11:09 AM, July 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just in case anyone was wondering, my previous comment was totally sarcastic. I do indeed despise that song like any self-respecting human being does.

8:38 AM, July 17, 2006  

Post a Comment |

<< Home