Monday, April 16, 2007

Housekeeping

I'm in the process of writing a "this is the way it was" post for the Veritas Forum @ GT Blog, which should show up there shortly. For now, I have a few things to mention.

I was just made aware of this BlogThings quiz this morning, even though Hugh, Bulldawgy, guiroo, and Kevin had posted their results long ago. Anyway, here are mine:


You Are 80% Left Brained, 20% Right Brained



The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.


The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.


I'm not surprised that I'm weighted toward the left brain, but I didn't expect such an imbalance. Hm, I might make a good engineer.

Oh, here's a good one (though it's rather disheartening). Jerry Falwell thinks I'm a heretic. On Saturday, Tom Ascol made commentary on Jerry Falwell's chapel message of Friday the 13th. In it, Falwell makes this statement: "We are not into particular love or limited atonement. As a matter of fact, we consider it heresy." For a fleshing out of the implications and consequences of such a rash claim, check out the post on Founders.

I met Greg Kokul this weekend, which was very exciting. Tony, Travis, and I got to eat lunch with him on Saturday—there wasn't enough time in the day to absorb all I wanted to. But the conference and his message this morning were awesome. Go check out the Stand to Reason website.

So far this week, Tony and I have been beaten over the head with the issue of a Christian cosmology. The Veritas Forum on Tuesday was in large part about how the Big Bang is an argument for theism. On Wednesday, we talked about young earth vs. old earth, including the cosmological and Biblical arguments, nearly all day. Then on Thursday at our Campus Crusade meeting, the guest speaker talked about God and science and again presented the Big Bang cause argument for the existence of God. And on Saturday, we were at Greg's conference; and he mentioned the very same issue. This puzzles Tony and me because we haven't really thought about these specific issues in such detail for a while, and now we've gone over the same argument from at least six different people on four days this week, all with the same opinion and evidences. Is God preparing us for something, or choosing to teach us all something simultaneously? For now it's just one of those not-a-coincidence sequences of events that has given us pause. If I figure out what He's up to (in part, at least), I'll let you know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

95% left, 5% right.
I think it's inaccurate based on the fact that there were so few questions. Plus 2 choices does not color the entire spectrum (in more ways than one). I suppose I am only saying this because I feel somewhat discouraged at my left-brainedness, but my point remains valid!

11:28 PM, April 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm all for Christian cosmetology ... Proverbs 27:9, Song of Solomon 1:3; 3:6; 4:10, Esther 2:12

8:43 AM, April 17, 2007  

Post a Comment |

<< Home