Sunday, October 02, 2005

Restlessly Happy

I can't sleep yet tonight...I guess today was so good my brain didn't want it to end.

I and a dozen roses took a trip up to Cleveland (GA) today to visit Abi (though the roses have more of an extended stay). Abi's still in a lot of pain from the pinched nerve in her rib area (please pray for her), but the medicine she's on, though it helps with the pain, brings its own side effects. Still, she was feeling relatively okay in the morning, so we went to Helen and shopped around some. I in particular liked this country store we went in--it had all kinds of old products, like Beemans Gum, and some rare wares, such as muscadines (mmmmmm). We stopped for lunch at a small, local eatery, but Abi was already feeling some effects of the medicine (which are ameliorated by food). We took her food in a box and went back to the car so she could recline and rest. From there, we decided to head on back to Truett, and by the time we were there she was feeling much better. (I jogged up to the gym for a bathroom break as soon as we arrived back at the dorm, and when I got back, there was Abi with her sandwich almost gone and biting into her pickle. :) I was very glad she ate some, and the food did its job to ease her side effects.

So we were back at school earlier than planned, but it was alright, because Abi got out a movie and we relaxed and watched it in the lobby. That was probably one of the things I was going to miss most doing this weekend--watching a movie with her--and we got to do it anyway! There's no one that is more fun to just sit back and enjoy a movie with than Abi.

All too soon, I had to head back home. Abi was hurting again, but she took her meds again soon after I left, and at last report was feeling okay and looking at enjoying some painless sleep. My heart breaks for that girl, but she's more than a trooper and is toughing out what seems to be impossible pain and stress.

And here I am...back at home at my (new) laptop (I sold my former computing acquaintance and facilitator yesterday), which, by the way, I took up there with me to show to Abi. Today was really great...incredible begins to describe it. We had quality time together like we haven't had in a while. Not because other time hasn't been great, but because today was especially great. ("What if what I think is great, really is great, but it's not as great as something...greater?") Anyway, thank you, my wonderful Abi, for such an amazing day! You, and every second we spend together, are truly unforgettable.

Now that this is written, I think I can go to bed. I know I will fall asleep with a prayer of thanks to God for bringing Abi into my life.

3 Comments:

Blogger sranangbronkie said...

he jeffery,
nice piece on your day with abi.What it makes me wonder is,who is abbey and what are your true feelings for her??????????

12:04 PM, October 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hates her im sure

2:38 PM, October 13, 2005  
Blogger Jeffrey J. Stables said...

I love her...

Apparently I was farther from worthy.

2:50 PM, October 13, 2005  

Post a Comment |

<< Home