Saturday, September 03, 2005

A Visitor

Hey, we just had a visitor in our backyard...a mid-size (about 9" long) turtle that was uncovered in our grass (yeah, it was pretty long) when Dad was mowing today. He was a very cool turtle. Strong, too, he scratched almost through a cardboard box and was able to lift himself out of it several times. Here he is...


We took him to the Chattahoochee, just down the road off Hwy 120. He's now the denizen of a small creekside area that borders the river up there. Here's to a long life!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeffrey J. Stables said...

Nope, just in the woods/grass along the creek. He's not a box turtle, per se, because he has a more rounded shell that doesn't have a hinge...but no, I didn't toss him out into the deep. ;) If he wants water, he can navigate to it on his own. So no, Abi, I didn't drown him. Yet another crisis resolved....

Glad my work helped the layout. I guess all it took was cleaning up the CSS a little.

12:36 AM, September 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww! Did you give him a name? He should have a name.

Well, I'm glad he showed up in your yard and not mine 'cuz my doggy would've eaten him :-O

8:28 PM, September 05, 2005  
Blogger Jeffrey J. Stables said...

You may name him, Amy. I didn't do so because naming an animal is not conducive to his immediate departure.

4:42 PM, September 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay. I name him Caesar. I don't know why, he just looks like a Caesar. Deal?

11:30 PM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Jeffrey J. Stables said...

so I need a new post, eh? and where exactly shall I extract such free time, hm? ;)

I think that's excellent, Amy. Hail, Caesar! Imperator es!

11:56 PM, September 06, 2005  

Post a Comment |

<< Home