Saturday, July 30, 2005

Braves vs. Pirates

We're going to a Braves game today! They won 2-1 over the Bucs last night, continuing their winning streak from the Nationals series this past week. Looks like they're still hot, so it should be a good game this evening.

Pitching matchup: Pirates' Mark Redman (5-10) vs. Braves' Kyle Davies (4-3), who has just been called up from Richmond.

And what could be better than going tax-free shopping with Abi, then taking her down to the Varsity before the game, and then getting to Turner Field in time to watch a little practice, grab some peanuts, and settle in for the main event? Nothing, I tell you. I think that's just what we'll do today. ;)

Game time is 7:05...watch for us in section 225, that's the field terrace right behind the seats that are right on the right field foul line. We better bring gloves...foul ball territory, here we come!

Edit (07/30): Braves won 9-6. Jeff Francoeur saved the game, and Chipper Jones made a good showing. And the rain held off...everyone had a blast!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

get some peanuts? aren't you allergic to peanuts?

Wow. I've never been to a baseball game, but I went to a football game once because my cousins made me and it, sadly, was fun as well.
But I refuse to go to another one due to the risk of growing fond of them. *puts fingers in ears* I dont like sports, I don't like sports...

Abi-don't give in to the madness. Please.

3:05 PM, August 02, 2005  
Blogger Jeffrey J. Stables said...

okay I don't wanna talk about the peanuts.

and peanuts are legumes, not nuts. related to beans and peas. that's why they're PEAnuts, not nuts.

and obviously, Amy, you'll never have a boyfriend, unless you learn to like sports just a little. or at least humor him. :\ Abi's gotta give in a little. and she's the basketball freak, not me. she likes sports.

7:32 PM, August 02, 2005  
Blogger Jeffrey J. Stables said...

Minor-league games are so much fun, aren't they? The Rome Braves are an awesome game.

12:18 PM, August 03, 2005  

Post a Comment |

<< Home