Wednesday, February 15, 2006

My favorite apps

I've been learning LaTeX lately for work, and I decided to let this week's physics write-up assignment be a further learning experience for me. I wrote up the whole thing in LaTeX, and I must say it looks quite fine. The math is especially elegant.

Anyway, several guys in my physics group have been asking about what programs I use to produce nice documents and images, and just do cool stuff in general. Since I've been sending out this list a good bit, I decided I'd post it and share the love. These are the applications that I have installed on my computer and use with some frequency (in no particular order).

LaTeX
IrfanView
FirefoxFileZillaGoogle Earth
OpenOffice
CutePDF

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Google Earth...I could play with that forever.

11:17 PM, February 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who friggin cares what you use

9:03 AM, February 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah LaTex, oh joy. You must be using Emacs! vi is cruel, emacs is kewl. Back in my college days I used LaTeX a bit. Spent one summer processing a book for a prof even. I didn't know Chem folks used it, thought it was only us Math geeks.

DK...some guy that ran across this blog

11:59 PM, February 21, 2006  

Post a Comment |

<< Home