Thursday, January 05, 2006

It's my bedtime...

Well tonight was fun. I got off work and went on over to Abi's. Traffic was bad on McGinnis Ferry, so I cut over to GA120 and got to Lawrenceville via I-85, but it took a good 45 minutes or so. Anyway, I got to Abi's house to pick her up and then it was over to the Mall of Georgia (of course--it's Abi's favorite!). Walked around there mostly, and went in only a couple of stores. I checked the showtimes at Regal in the mall, and King Kong was playing at 7:30pm (it was about 6:30 then). So, a bite to eat in the food court for supper, and then I used my Regal gift certificate that I got for Christmas for the movie. Got in there in plenty of time to "enjoy" those previews (actually, the theater was pretty empty, so talking was feasible). I thought the movie was pretty good. It was a bit long, but well-developed and well done. I was actually expecting more violence/gore per the reviews, but it was pretty tasteful overall. I honestly haven't seen any of the older Kong movies, so no comparisons here, but I thought this one was good.

Still, being long, it was 10:45 when that one was over, and Abi & I both have work tomorrow. So, after some conversation at Starbucks, I dropped her back by the house, and now here I sit. It was a good night. I'm worn out after this week, so I'm planning on getting some good sleep before working at Tech tomorrow. This is my last weekend of freedom on Christmas break...here we go again! Please pray for my own diligence and skill at schedule-balancing this semester--I'll need it.