Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A Brick

So, I was over at Abi's house the other night. And, as is my custom, my car was parked in the road on their side of the street. Actually, we all went shopping in their van, and then I moved it out onto the side of the street when we got back (about 10pm) so the van could park in the driveway where it belongs. We watched a movie, talked, and I was set to leave. But when I got out to my car, my rear windshield was obliterated; and there was a brick in the front passenger floorboard of my car. Needless to say, it was quite a shock (I thought at first that the jagged remains of the window was just frost surrounding the windshield), and quite a late night, as I called the police and waited for them to come, talked with the officer, and then cleaned up enough to take the car home. Mr. Yates and I taped up the back with some plastic sheeting so I would be warm on the ride home. Thankfully, the brick only smashed the rear windshield (though quite thoroughly) and cracked the passenger side of the dashboard. Anyway, this pointless bit of vandalism has presented me with a big, new expense right before Christmas, when I have zero money anyway. Just pray that God will provide the funds to fix this so I can have my car back! (In fact, I just replaced my radiator a week ago, which was a big expense, so the car's eaten its allotment of cash already this season...but I have to have a vehicle.) For what it's worth, if you know anything, or know anyone who has recently developed a pointed hatred of me and my rear windshield, let me know. Who knows?

the remains of my rear windshield

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man that stinks. Welcome to the fallout. Sorry, I couldn't help it. ;-)

There are a few "you pull it" salvage yards on Buford Hwy between Pleasant Hill and Beaver Ruin that may have a windshield for you. I have retrieved many a VW door handle and bumper there.

8:17 AM, December 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, that's terrible. I must agree with the above comment, automotive salvage yards may be your best bet.

You know, if you lived in Alabama, you could just slap some duct tape on it and not worry about a new windshield. *shrugs* perhaps some fake bulletholes would add to the decor.

Well I hope you're able to get it fixed!
-Amy

10:41 AM, December 27, 2005  

Post a Comment |

<< Home