Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A Blog from Organic Chemistry Lab

Hey everybody, I'm in organic chemistry lab. It's really interesting (I'm sure you'll find it so): we're performing a Pd-C catalyzed dehydrogenation/hydrogenation of cyclohexene to produce cyclohexane. Right now, the mixture is refluxing, so I'm just sitting and waiting while that goes for 20 minutes. Silviu wants to know what to get his girlfriend for Christmas, and several of us are trying to help him. I told him to get flowers on top of whatever he gets, but we can't figure out exactly what he wants to give as the main gift.

Someone just suggested he cook for her...he's not sure.

Silviu says: "Help me figure out what to get my girlfriend for Christmas and one-year anniversary. Post them here and I'll read the comments."

So, help him out, guys! (Er, particularly girls.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey thanx a lot for the advice Abi! I guess that's what i'm having a hard time with... picking out the main gift. jeff recommanded the flowers as well so im pretty sure ill get those but as for the main gift it's really stressing me out! She is a combination of both a girly girl but at the same time she plays pro soccer...any other comments are welcomed! Thanx

4:37 PM, November 16, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hee hee hee......Now Jeffery knows what to get Abi for Xmas.!

8:53 PM, November 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah Jeff bro it looks like you might be gettin just as much help from this blog as i am lol. Anywho everyone I appreicate your ideas a lot! Check this out! I think i found the most romantic perfect anniversary gift! I already bought it cause it was amazing, at least i think so. So i found this really awsome cryztal bottle that's shapped in the form of a heart and it has a big silver key on the outside with a note that says "key to my heart" and than inside its filled with preserved silver encrusted rose petals along with a sweet message from me which just happens to be an amazing poem. So its basically a message in a bottle but a lot more special. Now im still tryin to figure out what to get her for xmas. Anyway to all the guys thinking about impressing their gfs i think something like that will def do the trick along with a romantic candle light dinner....good luck and if anyone has more ideas they are still welcome! I am out cause i got a bio test tomorrow!

1:09 AM, November 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah im pretty happy about that first gift! ill have to see what else i can come up with.

2:29 PM, November 25, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did everyone have a good thanx giving?

2:29 PM, November 25, 2005  

Post a Comment |

<< Home