Sunday, June 12, 2005

Up yonder in Dayton...

So today I leave for camp. This post is for those I leave...more specifically, the one I leave. The most beautiful girl I know. And I think you can figure that one out...she's the one blushing right now. ;)

Today I leave at 9am (or thereabouts) for Dayton, TN, Fort Bluff Camp, Awana Scholarship Camp 2005. I've gone to this camp for 6 years already, as a camper. This is my first year as staff--I'm the all-around audio/video/whatever-Steve-wants guy. Not a bad deal, I think.

My camera's ready, my computer's ready, I've got all my cables and CDs and such in a big Rubbermaid container. My stuff's all packed (yes, I got it all done in about 30 mins, Abi!), my bags are zipped, etc. etc. And I've got candy...Resse's peanut butter cups and Andes mints. Yum. :p

I've got correspondence papers in my bag, so those of you who should expect a letter or two will probably get it. The one of you who would like five calls and three letters a day will probably get two calls a day and one letter a day. Yep, for you, it's another exercise in patience, just one more time this summer. Then I'm all yours for your trips. *grin*

I'm attempting to re-learn the less suburban dialect to which I shall be exposed at camp, in an attempt to ready myself for healthy communication. See post title above. "Up yonder" means the location being referenced is either elevated or far away. In this case, both are true. "Down yonder" means the location is downhill, close, or recently visited by the speaker. I still don't know what a "winder" is, though. Gotta love Tim Henderson. ;)

This post is a little scatterbrained. Well that's probably because I'm still typing it at 1:30am. Anyway...

Ah, yes. Speaking of correspondence. Abi, you may expect at least one surprise in your mailbox. I've got a couple of things to send you that I thought you might like, seeing as you have things already on their way, and a (most likely elaborate) care package in assembly as I speak. Hope you enjoy. :)

That's about it. I've got to just get in bed and wake up in time and in shape to drive tomorrow morning. Coffee may be necessary to sustain. Time alone shall tell.

What do you want to bet Amanda will be pumped with adrenaline about camp but still unable to wake up before 9am? The odds are good...trust me.

Well now it's time to go. The hour is upon us, and I must leave. Fear not--I will not forget the girl I leave behind. You are in my every thought on this and every day. I miss you, and I love you. Goodbye for now, and I can't wait to see you again. I will be calling you!
I'm here without you, baby,
But you're still on my lonely mind.
I think about you baby,
And I dream about you all the time...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

do i get a letter???????!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

12:06 AM, June 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for abi being patient ;-)

I appreciate your definition of "yonder", Mom's been saying it for years and never have I figured out where yonder is.

3:18 PM, June 13, 2005  
Blogger Jeffrey J. Stables said...

Yes, I'm here...haven't gotten around to posting yet...

1:29 PM, June 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me? calling you...impatient? never...

:-p

11:14 PM, June 26, 2005  

Post a Comment |

<< Home