Friday, January 14, 2005

never again...again...

Romans 13:11-14

Do this, knowing the time, that it is already the hour for you to awaken from sleep; for now salvation is nearer to us than when we believed.

The night is almost gone, and the day is near. Therefore let us lay aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.

Let us behave properly as in the day, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual promiscuity and sensuality, not in strife and jealousy.

But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh in regard to its lusts.


"Only in this life do we have the opportunity to prove our love for Christ by fighting against our sinful nature." - Dan Miller

...

I don't have the time--why do I spend it on myself regardless?  I can't take the risk--why do I chance it all for what I (my flesh) want(s) now?

I will not reach the end of my life only to have someone say "You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death? ... You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste the afterlife?" (by Modest Mouse).